POSTER CONTEST A WORLD OF PEACE IS ALWAYS POSSIBLE
The Cuban Movement for Peace and Sovereignty of the Peoples and the Cuban Association of Social Communicators announce the poster contest for peace and against war to be carried out on the occasion of the Fourth International Seminar Against Foreign Military Bases in Guantanamo, Cuba, in November 2015.
Designers, publicists, artists and other professionals of social communication may participate.
Topics to be submitted are the following:
– Regional conflicts and threats to world peace.
– Nuclear war and the danger to the very existence of humanity.
– Military Budgets and the fight against hunger in the world.
– War and the damages to the environment.
– War and the destruction of the world heritage.
– Foreign Military Bases, conflicts, threats and loss of national sovereignty.
– Guantanamo: foreign military base against the will of the Cuban people and imprisonment and torture center of the United States.
– Neoliberalism, social conflicts and the danger to peace.
– Oil and war: threats to peace.
– The control of water supply sources: a potential threat to peace in the 21th century.
Those Interested may submit more than one work and the topics they deem appropriate to choose. Authors should identify with the full name, nationality and country of residence. Works must be sent to the following electronic address: email@example.com in JPG format, dimensions of 50 x 70 cm at 150 dpi resolution and should be identified with the following name: Poster Contest “A World of Peace is Always Possible”. The works in other languages must be accompanied by a translation into Spanish.
A Jury made up of prestigious professionals of the visual communication design will evaluate the posters on contest. It will award three prizes and as many mentions as it considers. Its verdict will be final and not open to appeal. All works will be exhibited in Group Exhibition on the occasion of the celebration of the Fourth International Seminar Against Foreign Military Bases in Guantanamo, Cuba. The awarded authors and all participants will receive a certified diploma signed by the World Peace Council, the Cuban Movement for Peace and Sovereignty of the Peoples and the Cuban Association of Social Communicators.
All works of communication will enlarge the archives of the Cuban Movement for Peace and Sovereignty of the Peoples.
The closing date is July 30, 2015.